Get your hype hats on, the Secret Wars Euro League has arrived. The format has evolved this year from the previous 3 series...i still haven't got my head round how it all works but basicly instead of individuals going head to head each participating city has a team of artists.
Anyway I will be representing london alongside Mr Gauky, Alfa, Wen, Flawn, and Tony Riff.
Here are the 4 groups....
Heres how it all works according to mr Terry Guy...
"The rules are the same but the structure of the competition and dynamics of the battle are slightly different - see below for details. How the competition will work & when There will be 8-10 teams/cities involved in next years competition, and each city will select 6 artists to part of a squad. Each team will select 2-3 wildcard entries consisting of previous champs and general bad boys! The remaining members will be picked at the local qualifiers. City selection events - November / December 09 (Check Secret Wars website for dates)
- Each city will call out and actively invite people down to jam and show off their skills
- Draw will take place to decide what team is which group (A or B)
1st Round - Group league qualifiers
- Two groups of 4-5 teams with the top two teams qualifying
- Rather than a knockout cup comp, we have decided to make this a little more interesting and maybe fairer - Each game will be a league match with each judge vote and crowd vote worth a point!
- Each team will play home and away against the others in their group
With the top two teams going through from each group, we will be left with 4 teams.
The winner of GROUP A will play the 2nd place of GROUP B and the winner of GROUP B will play the runners up of GROUP A.
GROUP A WINNER vs. GROUP B RUNNER UP
GROUP B WINNER vs. GROUP A RUNNER UP
These will also be home and away ties - with the winning team decided on total points earned over the two games. If the points are level than it will be decided by the team who gets the most away points.
This will be hosted at a neutral venue, TBC nearer the time"
It all sounds a bit too football if u ask me!